The 'Wellness-everywhere' trend poses new competition to spas.
Hospitals, airports, offices are all becoming spa-like.
Greater differentiation is key.
Payroll devours 60% or more of spa revenues.
Labor-intensive treatments such as massage require hiring, training and managing quality staff on a constant basis.
Soon-to-be the largest spa-going demographic, they take a holistic view of health that includes mental wellness. As digital natives, they love new technology.
From the beaches of Portugal, to the Great Ocean Road in south east Australia, experience the beautiful natural environments of the world's most serene locations. Watch the ripples created by a soft breeze.
Hear the waves gently lapping on the sea shore.
Select from high quality videos of 12 real-world locations from around the world including beaches, forests, rivers, waterfalls, flower fields, northern lights, underwater and above the clouds.
Let go and relax by taking some of our specialised guided meditations created by expert teachers.
A journey from the external to the internal; we gently guide your awareness from the beautiful outer visual environment to calm inner meditative states.
Select from Breath Awareness, or Deep Relaxation (Yoga Nidra) in male or female voices. Select from 5min, 10min, 15min or 20min lengths.
Tune in, and relax wherever you are. Listen to a selection of calming, ambient music to accompany your visual and meditative experience. Whether you're lying at the beach, taking in the sounds of the forest, or flying above the clouds, our music will elevate your experience to the sublime.
Select from 10 high quality tracks.
"Omg!! I love it! I always said I wanted to go to the beach and relax, this brings tears to my eyes because I'm mentally there and I love everything about it! No need for a real expensive vacation. Thank you!"
The staff and the clients are absolutely loving the experience ✌️
"It was pure relaxation! I loved it that I went back 3 more times for the treatment so I could try more of the amazing destinations that you can choose."
The promo protocol gives clients a taste of virtual reality. Perfect for special events e.g. combining a free Relax VR experience with a raffle for services or discounts.
The combo protocol combines virtual reality with existing treatments to generate excitement around a differentiated offering. It also helps customers enjoy their existing treatments more thoroughly e.g. get them relaxed and present before their massage.
This protocol presents Relax VR as an independent treatment on your menu. The variety of locations will have them coming back to experience new locales while the deep relaxation meditation will help them truly let go — a real meditation vacation!
No wires, no batteries, no computer setup.
We know your time is important.
Start our experience with the press of a button.
We use small, light VR headsets.
This helps with posture and creates a more soothing, relaxing overall experience.
Easy to wipe down with a non-absorbent padding.
Disposable face masks included for providing that extra level of hygiene.
Blue light overexposure is detrimental to health.
We filter out blue light so your customers won't feel like they're back at their computer screen.
We help you promote Relax VR to your customers.
Whether it's for your social media page or website, we provide you the marketing assets you need.
Our hardware will run for at least 3 hours continuously before needing to be recharged.
1. Why can't I use phone-based VR like Google Cardboard or Gear VR for my spa?
In a commercial environment, phone-based VR systems pose a number of problems:
• Overheating: Phone based systems overheat after 15-20min of continuous usage. This causes the experience to stutter, degrade in performance, and can lead to user discomfort from the heat itself.
• Low performance: The vast majority of phone-based systems have lower resolution, refresh rate and processing power than standalone headsets. This means users are more likely to experience low quality visuals, performance lag and nausea.
• Less hygienic: Most phone based headsets come with soft cushioning which easily absorbs sweat and is hard to wipe down. Phone based headsets have more moving parts and small nooks that make them harder to clean properly.
• Cumbersome: Starting up and shutting down a phone based headset takes more time and is more complicated than a standalone headset. This results in lost time for the customer, and confused employees.
2. Why shouldn't I use an Oculus Go for my spa?
In a commercial environment the Oculus Go poses several problems:
• Lower resolution: The Oculus Go has a resolution of 2.5K (2560 x 1440), while the headsets we use are 4K (3840 x 2160). This means pixels on the Oculus Go screen are more visible, leading to a lower sense of immersion.
• Slower processing speed: The Oculus Go uses the Snapdragon 821 CPU, while our headset uses the Snapdragon 835. As such, our headset's processor is 27% faster than the Oculus Go.
• Heavier: The Oculus Go weighs 468g, while our headset weighs 278g. This means our headset is 40% lighter, making it significantly more comfortable to wear.
• Less hygienic: Oculus Go comes with soft cushioning that easily absorbs sweat, skin debris and dirt and is difficult to wipe down properly.
• Smaller battery life: The Oculus Go has a 2hr battery life, and requires 3hrs to fully recharge. This can be a problem serving multiple clients on the same day. Our headsets have 50% more battery life than the Oculus Go.
• Lower immersion/wired audio: The Oculus Go does not support Bluetooth headphones. This means you either have to use the low-immersion in-built speakers, or use wired headphones. Our package comes with wireless noise cancelling headphones for the easiest, highest quality audio immersion.
• Unrestricted open store: The Oculus Go can't be locked into a single application and its home screen is the Oculus app store. This means customers can exit the app/experience and get lost in the app store or even download other apps/content.
• Cumbersome: The Oculus Go requires the synchronisation and use of a controller. This adds additional setup time, can confuse new users, is easily misplaced, requires additional batteries while not being necessary for a relaxation experience.